Sunday, June 30, 2013

Turbulence

A friend texted me telling that one of our high-school friend that went to the same club with us got married. He said "and he didn't invite me. I thought we were best friend". It's not the first time he said that. Several times ago when our friends also got married and didn't even tell us, we said the same thing. But I think we have to admit that people grow apart. For some people we're history.

This morning, one of that friends posted a photo of a baby on Facebook. Apparently his son just born this week. We just got to say congratulation and he just got to say thanks. Cold truth. Yes.

Anyway, while my friends are happily going to the next stage of adult life, posting about their beloved job and start up business, I'm here sitting with my twenty something syndrome which I guess too late. Trying to re-invent myself. The job that I really want. Coping with probation period while moving from one company to another one. I know that I'm too young to settle down, but a grown up man should have a grip to lean on right. 

My new job makes bigger money, gives me two shots of job description that I've always wanted. But my alter ego is always thirsty of spotlight and acknowledgement which is not provided in probation period. I'm in transition period with no permanent job and living. 

But this transition period reminds me of the things that I used to dismissed, responsibility that I used to neglected, bless that I used to wasted.

Maybe this turbulence and transition period is a stone to make the bird that's too proud of flying too high getting down to earth again. 




No comments: