Sunday, July 22, 2012

Remorse

This might be exaggerating, but you will never understand until you stand on my shoes.

If you want to know the meaning of one second, ask the runner who gets second place in the race.
If you want to know the meaning of six months, ask the student who was condemned from attending his thesis defense.

Thought that would never happen to me. I've been letting go of it until yesterday, my TL is full of tweets with #wisuda46 hash tag. I just realized that yesterday was a graduation day for Binusian 2012. I opened my Facebook and the timeline is full of people uploading their pictures wearing a toga.  Several hours later i was tagged by my friend in the photo of my 4 ex-housemates on that graduation day.

I might not a summa cumlaude student who never got C on my track record. But i know i deserve to be there. That's just a photograph, i'll have my own soon. I'll still have my graduation this year. I know. But still, there's a remorse when I see those stuffs.


They say grief occurs in five stages. First, there's denial followed by anger. Then come bargaining and depression. For most, the final stage of grief is acceptance.

No comments: