Sunday, September 15, 2013

Self Re-invention

It's my second week staying in Bandung. Thank God that I didn't experience behavioral shock like what I experienced when I moved to Jakarta from Bandung five years ago. I thought that I'm gonna miss the hype of the big city and feeling grounded because I spend most of my time at home. Apparently, I really enjoy being in the neighborhood. Maybe it's because since the last two months I've been making adjustments towards my daily life so the transition isn't that hard.

I call this change as self re-invention. Yes, I feel like I've been losing myself. I miss the old me. Not the entire old me but the part of me who used to have a strong resilience, motivation, spirit, and inspiring to others. A part of me who could stand in front of freshmen and gave a pep talk about changing themselves into the better ones. When giving advise doesn't sound like preaching bullshits because I walk the talk. It doesn't sound like me huh ? especially those who have just known me in the last 2 years. Yes, I used to be that man. It's not that like I'm bragging myself, but yes, that's something to brag about hehe. So, I try to re-invent that strength. I try to re-connect to the things that can remind me of him. It's not that I let my surrounding define me. But it's undeniable that your surrounding also supports the formation of identity. So, I decided to start from being this small town boy instead of being an arrogant sophomore in a big city.

Tomorrow is my first day being a digital producer for this foreign IT consulting company. Just as like another first day, it gets on some nerves. But this time, it doesn't include reluctance going to a new place and throwing myself to the pool of strangers. But the challenge is, I have to do everything on my own since I have no co-workers. Well, I do but they don't exist physically.

For every beginning is difficult, I hope tomorrow won't be easier that I thought and I hope this self re-invention would work for me.

No comments: