Wednesday, September 04, 2013

August 2008 - August 2013

It was 22 degree of Celsius when I woke up at 4 AM. I usually wake up at that time to turn off the air-con since I set it up on 16 degree before I go to bed and it makes me freeze in the morning. But that time I didn't wake up to turn off the air-con, I woke up because I had to pack my stuffs up. I was leaving the city. I took the first train in early morning so the traffic wouldn't hamper me and makes me annoyed by the city in my last moments of being here. 

I never thought that I would love this city. The city that is always being mocked by people who don't even have a gut to leave it. Just like me, it takes me a thousand times of thinking and two months of contemplation to finally decide to leave the city and back to my hometown.

This is where I grew up. The place where I built my dream that I don't even know if it actually exists or not. The journey was started on August 31, 2008 where I brought my parents here to attend my scholarship award at Balai Kartini. Ever since then so many experience came. The nervous freshman, Sophomore debater, competition, Private math teacher, Final project jockey, Debate adjudicator, Debate deputy chief adjudicator, Freelance programmer, Final project jockey, Graduation, until my first job in Jakarta as associate project manager Not to mention the experience of being ex-future-leader-to-be.

Evening view from Niaga tower. Taken after maghrib prayer on the last day of OJT Commercial Banking

Having a call with onsite team at workstation when I was an APM


Ex-future-leader-to-be hehe. I miss the suit and tie though.



the pool where I used to swim during my hiatus
All stories about achievement, struggle, chances, changes, challenges, affection, betrayal, failure, successful. I might have made so many wrong decisions in between. But it's not the time for regretting or looking back. It's the time to recharge and bounce back. People may look down on my decision. But I take whatever it takes. 

At 6 AM, when the city was still blue waiting to be touched by the sun's ray, my train was taking me to the east with full of hope. I didn't leave the city in desperation. After all of good opportunities that I toss, I still left for a greater one . Then which of the Blessings of my Lord will I deny?    

No comments: