Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Hai Om !

"Hai om! my name is Mahira, how are you ?"

A message popped up my screen just now with a picture of a baby's face below it. It's from my junior who got married like a year ago. I didn't even know that they're pregnant until I received this message. He said that she was born at 3.30 AM this morning but he couldn't be there to witness his little treasure's arrival on earth because he's having a class today.

Sometimes I'm flattered when people make me be the first to know about some important moments in their life. You know, it seems easier to remember whom to be contacted when you're depressed than remembering whom to share when you find a happiness. Well, in that range of time 3.30 till now he could've  done many things or contacted many friends and family about this happy news. So glad that I am included on the list. Even my brother didn't do this although he already has three daughters now. (Speaking of which, I haven't got to see my youngest niece who were born two weeks ago).

That junior also sent me a private message on Facebook last year telling that he would get married two months later. He asked me not to blow up about the news since there's nobody knew and I was the first one he told about it. 

It might sound like a simple thing, but knowing that our friend - even though we don't make regular contact - still consider us as a friend and willing to include us in their happiest moment of life. That's priceless.
 


No comments: