Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Two Cents, Two Friends

Six years after our high school graduation, I finally met an old friend who used to be my partner in crime. We ran a club together, we became a champion together as a team. He was the most cheerful and hyperactive person I knew in school.

He was sitting with his son at the mosque when I arrived. I didn't see the cheerful guy that I expected. Instead, he greet me calmly while holding his son. We shared our stories after graduation. Apparently, he's been through a hard time during his wife's pregnancy. She was dying when she gave birth to their child.

Is it a hard life that makes him so serious now ?

I've seen some of my friends have changed. In the way they talk, the way they behave. While I still stay the same.

---------------------------------
"No, you don't", she said.

I try to believe her. Because I think the one who notices our change is other people not ourselves.

We sat in a long sofa - too long for two persons - in a cafe that we had just found that time. It's a quite comfy for me. The coffee also quite decent and I love the decoration. The place named "Two Cents".

Movies, politics, and social topics have been talked about during that 3 hours sitting. Then suddenly this question popped up her mind.

"Do you think we have to marry the one we love or the one we can have a good conversation with ?"

She never runs out of questions and most of them are usually interesting. I tried to understand the question and understand what I want to say before I speak a word.

"The one we love. Because, when two people love each other, they will have a good communication. But the person whom we can have  good conversation with, doesn't mean we love them."

In fact, I rarely have good conversation with people I loved. They though that I'm boring instead. But I guess, good conversation is a bonus from a good relationship.

"Well, I'm not an expert in relationship. I've been in one since last two years."

I shifted the topic that is not being my concerned right now and sipped my coffee till the last drop.

No comments: