Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Patient

Going to college with a scholarship is one of big decision i've ever made. People might think that it is cool to go to college by scholarship. You don't have to pay even a piece of money for it. Yes , it is cool. But there's a lot of consequences  that i gotta take. I have let my career being suspended for 4 years. The rest of my friends and junior have a good job and make the big money while i have to cook my own rice to save my 1.5 million living cost. When i have a chat with them or meet them and we have a conversation about a job or salary. They really blow me off. I envy them, yes. And maybe they envy me, i can't deny.

But then i think, all i've got is a gift. It's not everyone can go to college by a scholarship without paying even a piece of money. It takes more than an ordinary student to be a scholar. I believe i deserve that. I believe there's something special in me.

And for a job and salary matter, i might suck at it. i have to rely on 1.5 million rupiahs given by my sponsor. I'm dying to save keep my money enough for a month. I have to count every cent that i spend. I have to restrain myself from excessive expenses.

But i then realized. I don't wanna be defined by how much money that i have. I don't wanna be defined from what i have for lunch or dinner. I don't wanna be defined by place where i use to visit at my spare time. I don't wanna be defined by my clothe's label.

It takes more than a pain to gain a successful future.

All i need is just to be ... patient.

No comments: