Monday, May 21, 2012

Call me irresponsible

All batch 3 students are assigned to a volunteer project to help craftsman improving their business by giving them insight of management, finance, and information technology. I realize that this project is too late since we are all in the last semester or even graduated. It's not time for us to this kind of assignment since we are busy looking for a job or working on our thesis. It should be started since last month but only a few people from my team who are eager to do it sincerely. Most of us don't really care or even don't want to know. I myself haven't got involved in any process because my office hour is quite different than others. Besides i should get my thesis finished this month.

My friend who is supposed to be the leader of the team lightly said "I quit ! This project is crap" when I asked him about visitation schedule. I know he hasn't given much effort for the team. He didn't even attend any single meeting. How could he say that the project is crap ? He is crap. I lost my respect and i didn't ask further.

Two days ago i got an email from a friend who finally took over the leadership of the team. He assigned me to IT division with 3 other guys. The ex-leader, The guy who is known as public enemy because of his bad attitude (let's call him Rude), and the guy who rarely shows up. I got a hunch that the team won't work out. First, because of the ex-leader who is clearly irresponsible. Second, the Rude who will never want to do volunteer job. I probably will end up with working on my own. But somehow i have to manage to make it work.

So i sent a formal email to them containing a brief explanation about the project, about the condition of the team, about why we have to start working this thing out, about our aim, and the most important is about our task. 
As I understand that we are all busy, i try to make the task as simple as possible. 
Although i know that I will be the only one who works on it, but  still have to inform them just in case they can be motivated to participate in the project.

The email is quite long. Then i pressed the Send button.

Finally Rude replied my email. It's only a short sentence.
"Can you please remind me why I should be doing this ?"
FUCK !

I should've known that this low attitude guy doesn't have any empathy. He never comes to our scholarship programs. He always be the latest one who sends academical report or financial request which caused a delay of the other's fund. He is the one who is always sarcastic in responding other's discourse. Once i have ever been in a recruitment process with him and all candidates hated him. This guy doesn't know how to respect people. This guy doesn't even know how to write and respond a formal email. 

There's no way in hell he would do such a volunteer job. No way. Sometimes i wonder why this irresponsible-careless-arrogant guy could be accepted as a scholarship recipient. He has got all the money to complete his bachelor degree and monthly expenses. But he will never give any efforts to contribute to his surroundings. 

Doesn't he remember that he has signed the contract which says that it is obligatory for him to participate in any programs held by the scholarship committee. Oh, he's not that clever to understand the affidavit. 

I swear, I will never be nice to him again. 


No comments: