Saturday, May 12, 2012

Waltz horror

I'm not a big fan of indie music. So, for some people this topic must be so last year. But whatever. Since a month ago one of station radio from Bandung, which i always listen to from streaming in my office, has been broadcasting their anniversary promo. They mention the guest stars who will perform at the event. One of them is Sarasvati. From the clip of their song, i heard that her music is kind of waltz or something. But what makes me interested is the song sounds horror. I don't know, there's a tone or an instrument that makes the song sounds horror.

So, i googled her. Apparently she's an ex-vocalist of Homogenic. I find the track of her album then i download The Story Of Peter without having a clue about the song. It's a different song with the one played in the promo, it but yes, it's waltz and has a sense of horror. Besides, the lyric is about a little ghost named Peter who used to be her imaginary friend.

I was still curious and downloaded another song. Bilur. The lyric is in Bahasa. I don't fully understand the song but it's even more horror, moreover with combination of sundanese traditional instrument and sinden.

One more song which becomes my favorite is Fighting Club. It's not that horror but still dramatic. Well, almost all of her songs are dramatic. I mean, not merely a song but it builds a dramatic atmosphere.

So, i keep hitting repeat-peat-peat-peat.


No comments: