Saturday, May 26, 2012

Tight Weekend

Finally it's weekend. It's been a long week for me. This week i was supposed to get the project finished by the end of week because the final demo was supposed to be on Friday. My boss suddenly asked the new feature to be added. He always assigns everything suddenly while it's hard for me to estimate the time and resources. In that emergency time, one of my developer was sent to the hospital and should take a bed rest for two days. Her tasks couldn't be handle even though she finally showed up one day earlier. 

On Thursday, i got a sudden call which said that i was invited to HR interview for The Complete Banker program. I was quite surprised because i thought i didn't pass the previous test since i didn't do it well. I said yes when the caller said the schedule is tomorrow. It's at 3 o'clock and she said it would finish on 30 minutes. So it won't take a long time to commute from Kuningan to Sudirman. I could leave the office for a while. But apparently the interview took place at Karawaci which is one and half an hour from my office. So i should leave the office quite long. 

I arrived before 3pm and met three other friends there. They should've been interviewed since an hour ago. It was delayed until almost 2 hours which caused the delay of my arrival to office. I arrived at office at 7pm then my QA said that everything was messed up. We have more bugs on the application, we have flaws on the flow when it was supposed to be ready for the demo. I guess i'll be dead at that time.

Until 10pm there was no hearing from my boss. There's no yelling. So i sent him the status report. At 11pm he pinged me. Asking about the progress of bugs fixing and told me to prepare the build for the demo and upload it. After that i can go home and take a day off on Monday.

We were surprised that he wasn't upset and offered us a day off instead. So we stayed in the office a little longer, it's 1am. Then the boss found some problems and started to chat us with all caps lock.
"kalo Android ada masalah. WEEKEND KALIAN KERJA SEMUA"
Damn, what's with you sir. We've been questioning why were you so nice until you turned out to be the mean one again. Then he asked my phone number. Bad news. My friend said, the last time she got a call, it's 2am in the morning and she cried out loud after ward.

I hope he won't call me this weekend, or ... forever. 

No comments: