Monday, July 04, 2011

Freshman nerves

Finally here it is ... the post about my first day of internship. Actually this is not the 1st time i have an internship, it might be the 4th or something. There must be a lot of awkwardness on the first days but since i am now growing mature - i am 22 and i'm currently on the 6th semester- let's see the thing from wiser point of view. However it is impossible to be employee of the month on my first day, or i can get a long with other employees on our first meeting. Everything needs adaptation. All is well and i didn't really feel the nerves, maybe because it is not my first time.

There is always significant change on every first day of internship. First, I suddenly become an IT freak. I use internet access to browse about IT articles and i do really read it. While in daily life, i never have a will to do that. Second, i tend to be more religious. I pray on time , it even becomes the most anticipated moment and i really love to stay longer in musholla because i think this is the most innocent-possible way to waste my time ;)).

Actually there's one thing that i want to complain, it's about fashion haha. You know what, i always dress to kill on my first day of internship or working because i do really want to wear office man suit, formal suit, with that kind of shoes. I was a lil bit disappointed because apparently people in my office wear semi formal suits. They don't really concern about clothes, i guess. They use sandals, some use jeans, they don't fold the shirt into their pants, and those are not formal shirt. Hmm somehow it ruined my mood [in the way i dress] and my imagination. So tomorrow i will just wear informal clothes. Ergh, i wish i had an internship in a company which has an office in Pacific Place so i can wear formal suit everyday. (Why do i love to wear formal suit ?)

The trip between the office and my cousin's house is really tiring. I wanna sleep so bad now but i have to recharge my mood by having some kinds of entertainment. Actually the distance is not that far, but the transportation system or route make it longer. I can reach it at most in 30 minutes by motorcycle but i have to spend 2 hours if i use public transportation. Besides, public transportations in this area very annoying. The angkot drivers and kenek are low mannered. The very annoying example happened this afternoon. There was a traffic jam (there is always a traffic jam because the road is so tight but the vehicles are a lot ) and most of angkot are fully loaded. There was one angkot that passed  me through, the front seat was filled by a fat guy and he raised his hand gave me a sign that the angkot was still able to pick one more passenger. So i stop the angkot but i didn't find any empty seats there. So i open the front door where the fat guy sitting because i think it's still enough for one more passenger. Then the fat guy screamed ... "EH JANGAN DI SINI ! ITU DI SITU !" ... hey , who do you think you are ? my arabian boss ? because i feel so annoyed. I decided to ignore the angkot and let it passed me through. Damn, they are so low mannered and not far from the place where i stand, there was a guy screaming in the middle of the road. He was angry and asking for the money to the angkot drivers on that road. Gee, what an annoying city.

Hmm i guess that would be all for today, i hope tomorrow will be better than today. :)

No comments: